I was spiritually dead, walking the earth,
Temporary happiness quickly turned to hurt,
I was a Zombie, feeding on fleshly desire,
As I ate, greed spread through me like wildfire,
Sin is was what I lived in.
I was the walking dead,
There was poison in the fruit to others I fed,
I wore clothes as a disguise, to hide the death on my skin,
Hypocrisy was the word my heart found refuge in,
I was never satisfied.
My grave was prepared for me,
In the mirror, death used to be all I could see,
My spiritual death longing to become physical,
“I will never let these thoughts become visible.”
Distance became my armor.
“I’m a burden to the people around me,” I thought
I leaked poison where I went and couldn’t stop,
The flesh I ate was my addiction,
I felt no conviction,
Till one day, life was spoken upon me.
“There is no purpose down the path you are walking”,
The truth hurt, but it was strengthening,
Through the book of life, I found truth,
I found how to produce good fruit,
“Iron sharpens iron”.
I found friends that helped me grow,
Now I don’t always feel low,
The process was hard; occasionally I faltered,
But that made me bounce back and move farther,
I didn’t live in my mistakes; I learned from them.
The path of healing was long,
Patience made me strong,
I repent, no more lies,
God helps me face my challenges, no matter the size,
I walk through the shadows, reflecting His light.
It isn’t easy going through trials,
The Lord makes it possible to face those evils,
The enemy may tell me I’m worthless,
But God says He made me with purpose,
I am perfectly and wonderfully made.
I’m alive, living the way of Christ,
My way had me wallowing through strife,
I was a Zombie till He found me,
My life has changed; look at my testimony,
I’m no longer a slave to the grave,
By Jesus Christ, I’m saved.
No comments:
Post a Comment